Thursday, October 31, 2013

Turmoil Turned Thankful

Some days I just need to type… and type… and type.

And not while I'm at work.

But when I'm at home, with music blaring in my eardrums.  With my thoughts flying out across the page.  With that awesome key, "Backspace," readily available to erase any evidence that may be a little too incriminating since thoughts literally are flying onto the screen as I think them.

Today is one of those days. 

But as those thoughts start making my fingers move faster perhaps than even while I was at work today... the lyrics to the music I am listening to remind me of what I should be thinking on, but not until I pray that simple prayer.

"Lord, I need you to come reach out to me."

The music plays.

I find myself half way into “Psalm 18”  It reminds me of just who my God is.  He is mighty.  My heart overflows in worship.  He is that Mighty, and He is mine!!!! 

Next up, "Your Great Name" and the lyrics speak to me just as the first did.  “Every fear has no place at the sound of your great name.  The enemy, he has to leave, at the sound of Your great name – Jesus.  Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God & man, and You are high and lifted up, and all the world will praise Your great name!!!  Redeemer, my Healer, Lord Almighty, my Savior, Defender, You are my King.”

For many tonight has been that "Trick or Treat" night, but for me it's turned into Thanksgiving month eve... today I am thankful for worship music that draws my heart to God because He is being lifted up for all that He is.

I started this typing craze in lots of turmoil because there's a lot that is up in the air right now for us.  Times are tough.  We're seeking direction for true fellowship, worship, and service.  Money is tighter than it's ever been.  Stress has mounted faster than the countless leaves across my lawn.  

But that last song plays, "In Tenderness"... "In tenderness he sought me, weary and sick with sin and on his shoulders brought me back to his fold again.  While angels in his presence sang until the chords of heaven rang.  Oh, the love that sought me!  Oh, the blood that bought me!  Oh, the grace that brought me to the fold of God!  He died for me while I was sinning, needy and poor and blind.  He whispered to assure me, 'I found thee, thou art mine.'  I never heard a sweeter voice.  It made my aching heart rejoice. Oh, the love that sought me!  Oh, the blood that bought me.  Oh, the grace that brought me to the fold of God!  Upon His grace I'll daily ponder and sing anew his praise.  With all adoring wonder, his blessings I'll retrace.  It seems as if eternal days are far too short to sing His praise. Oh, the love that sought me!  Oh, the blood that bought me!  Oh, the grace that brought me to the fold of God!"

I'll close with this - my favorite song of all time because it just came on - "Ten Thousand Reasons."

Bless the Lord, oh my soul!  Worship His holy name.
Sing like never before, oh my soul.  I worship Your holy name.

The sun comes up; it's a new day dawning.
It's time to sing your song again. 
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes.

Bless the Lord, oh my soul! Worship His holy name.
Sing like never before, oh my soul. I worship Your holy name.

You're rich in love, and you're slow to anger.  Your name is great, and your heart is kind.
For all your goodness I will keep on singing.  Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find.

Bless the Lord, oh my soul!  Worship His holy name.
Sing like never before, oh my soul.  I worship Your holy name.

And on that day when my strength is failing, the end draws nigh and my time has come,
Still my soul will sing your praise unending ten thousand years and then forevermore!

3 comments:

  1. I love that... Thanksgiving month Eve. I think we should officially deem that the true Oct. 31 holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. I love hearing what God is doing in your life. :) Songs really do have a way of picking us up and keeping us on the right track. They also have a way of just breaking us and humbling us. I was broken by every song in church yesterday. I couldn't even sing some of my favorites because I was busy crying and thanking God for who He is and the things He is doing and has done and asking Him for direction in areas I am so clueless about! Oh and I also have those days when I just have to type out my thoughts. I call it Letters to God and I have another one for My Ramblings. Lol. It's a blessing to know how to type cuz I can't keep up with my thoughts when I'm handwriting them. Lol. Love ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember our thanksgiving tree?! :) I will have to post the link for a new one I found, and I love the idea of it!

    ReplyDelete